Friday, March 30, 2012

Migrating from Crystal to SSRS questions

Hi all,
Our company is considering converting all our reports from Crystal to SSRS.
We have done a fair bit of research. I have a number of questions that I
can't find answers to. If anyone with experience using the software could
help me out with some answers, I'd be most grateful.
1. Can you save data with a report? or do you have to connect to data every
time you run a report?
2. I've heard when scrolling a matrix report that the row heading overlaps
values when scrolling and looks very messy. Is this true and is there a way
to stop it happening as a lot of our reports are Matrix based?
3. Is there an equivalent to Crystal's Group Explorer, for just viewing a
certain group?
4. With regards date formatting we have heard it defaults to US date. Is it
possible to permanently overide this or do you have to do it manually for
each report?
Many thanks
JHJH,
I'm having some difficulty getting this feature to work accross the
entire row header. But, what I've found out so far is RS2005 does
offer the feature, but it's not very intuitive to use. The only way
I've found it to work (somewhat) is
1. Add a group to your Matrix/Table.
2. Edit the group by right-clicking the group text-box.
3. Check the box at the bottom of the General tab for "Group header
should remain visible while scrolling".
I haven't figured out yet how to select the entire row (which in my
case contains about 15 measures) and set the row to freeze like in
excel. I even tried to add subsequent groups as separate
measures...can't figure that one out either.
Corey
JH wrote:
> Hi all,
> Our company is considering converting all our reports from Crystal to SSRS.
> We have done a fair bit of research. I have a number of questions that I
> can't find answers to. If anyone with experience using the software could
> help me out with some answers, I'd be most grateful.
> 1. Can you save data with a report? or do you have to connect to data every
> time you run a report?
> 2. I've heard when scrolling a matrix report that the row heading overlaps
> values when scrolling and looks very messy. Is this true and is there a way
> to stop it happening as a lot of our reports are Matrix based?
> 3. Is there an equivalent to Crystal's Group Explorer, for just viewing a
> certain group?
> 4. With regards date formatting we have heard it defaults to US date. Is it
> possible to permanently overide this or do you have to do it manually for
> each report?
> Many thanks
> JH

No comments:

Post a Comment