Friday, March 30, 2012

Migrating from Crystal Reports Charts using TopN and "Other" to Reporting Services

I am currently migrating several Crystal Reports that have charts. The chart series is set to use the TopN values in a count, and combine the rest of the series into one series titled "Other". I see how to filter the chart using TopN, however I need to still show the rest of the data grouped as "Other". I think the solution I need is to create a group expression that uses some sort of IIF function to create the "Other" group, but I haven't found a function that I can use to get the results I need. Any ideas?

Scott

I found the answer to my question in another forum.

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1055659&SiteID=1

I used option 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment