Friday, March 30, 2012

Migrating form access to SQL

I am facing problems in migrating my application from Access to SQL.
Few of the fuctions like CBDATE (userdefined functions) are not working.
Please let me know how to overcome this problem.
ThanksHi Manas. I am unaware of a function within Access called CBDATE...is it something you designed and coded (in VBA possibly)? There are a many things you can do in SQL to get the same functionality, but could you post an example code snipet for what that function does?|||

Note he stated it was a user defined function.

You will have to migrate that function into SQL, along with the rest of the database.

|||Did you define the function in the database itself (can you do that in Access?), or in the front end?|||In access you can write functions in VBA that can be called from queries...I'm assuming that's what was being done...|||Ah yes, you are most probably correct. In that case, I presume he will have to write an analagous function in SQL to correct that, with the same name and return type?|||Yeah, I would assume that to be the case...problem would be if the VBA function is doing anything you can't do in T-SQL...then it would be more difficult...

No comments:

Post a Comment