Monday, March 26, 2012

Migrating 6.5 to 2000

Hello,
I have a question. I am trying to migrate SQL Server 6.5 to 2000, the
problem is that 6.5 is in the DMZ and 2000 is internal. We still use Novell
and hardly use domains. The error I get when using the upgrade wizard is
that the import server can not see the export server. My question is: In
order to fix this, would I have to bring the 6.5 server internal and set up
the same domain user administrator account on both machines? Is there an
easier way to do this?
Thanks in advance,
BelindaOn Mon, 22 Sep 2003 16:02:25 -0400, "Belinda Rodriguez"
<rodrigub@.symbol.com> wrote:
>I have a question. I am trying to migrate SQL Server 6.5 to 2000, the
>problem is that 6.5 is in the DMZ and 2000 is internal. We still use Novell
>and hardly use domains. The error I get when using the upgrade wizard is
>that the import server can not see the export server. My question is: In
>order to fix this, would I have to bring the 6.5 server internal and set up
>the same domain user administrator account on both machines? Is there an
>easier way to do this?
If you can connect to this database using TCP/IP (which you might need
to negotiate with your firewall admins), then you will be OK. For
simplicity, use the Client Network Utility to define a server alias, set
this alias to use TCP/IP and define the host name or IP address of the
server. You should then be able to see it in the list of servers.
regards,
Ross.
--
Ross McKay, WebAware Pty Ltd
"Words can only hurt if you try to read them. Don't play their game" - Zoolander

No comments:

Post a Comment