Monday, March 12, 2012

Migrate

I have developed a web application using MSDE. I do not have sql 2000. I now have to transfer this database to an asp host.
Is there a DTS package or osql commands that I can export the entire database sp and all to a sql script file.

Regards
S(:You can create scripts for all of the database objects (tables, view, sprocs, etc.) but I don't believe you can create scripts for the data too. You can use DTS to copy the data, however, after you create the objects.

I haven't tried this with MSDE but with Sql Server databases you can detach them from your local database and physically copy the database files to the remote destination and then re-attach them there. The database has to be compatible with where you are attaching it and whether it considers MSDE files compatible is the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment