Friday, March 23, 2012

migrate sql2k dts packages to sql2k5

new to sql2k5.
i have some sql2k dts packages i migrated to sql2k5 using wizard and
they showed up under intergration services, stored packages, msdb, but
I can't open or edit any of the package.
For the same packages, if I saved them as external file in sql2k, then
import them in sql2k5, they will show up in SSMS, management, legacy,
DTS folder, and if had downloaded the Microsoft SQL Server 2000 DTS
Designer Components , I can open and edit the packages.
This is all very confusing to me.
first, why the dts showed up at different place in sql2k5 (what's the
difference between import and migrate?)
2nd, how to edit the migrated dts packages?
3rd, in sql2k, dts package is part of msdb, as long as I backup msdb, I
can restore all the pckages, how about in sql2k5, where are dts being
stored and are they still part of msdb?
thank you.=== Steve L === wrote:
> new to sql2k5.
> i have some sql2k dts packages i migrated to sql2k5 using wizard and
> they showed up under intergration services, stored packages, msdb, but
> I can't open or edit any of the package.
> For the same packages, if I saved them as external file in sql2k, then
> import them in sql2k5, they will show up in SSMS, management, legacy,
> DTS folder, and if had downloaded the Microsoft SQL Server 2000 DTS
> Designer Components , I can open and edit the packages.
> This is all very confusing to me.
> first, why the dts showed up at different place in sql2k5 (what's the
> difference between import and migrate?)
> 2nd, how to edit the migrated dts packages?
> 3rd, in sql2k, dts package is part of msdb, as long as I backup msdb, I
> can restore all the pckages, how about in sql2k5, where are dts being
> stored and are they still part of msdb?
> thank you.
>
DTS doesn't exist in SQL 2005, it has been replaced with Integration
Services...|||DTS services is no loginer in sql2k5, but you can still import or
migrate sql2k dts to it. I think you are missing what I asked in my
posting.
Tracy McKibben wrote:
> === Steve L === wrote:
> DTS doesn't exist in SQL 2005, it has been replaced with Integration
> Services...

No comments:

Post a Comment