Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Migrate MSExcel worksheet sources to SQL2005

Hi,

Is there anyway I could do to migrate my data on my excel workbook to SQL Server 2005 per worksheet? Meaning, I have to create table for all my excel worksheet then transfer all the data to a new table through SSIS package.

How will I possibly do this? Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried the import wizard? That can import from Excel Data Sources.

-Jamie

|||Hi,

I just want to elaborate what I am about to do here to clarify things up.

In my case, I have 50 worksheet in my Excel workbook and I would like these worksheets be transferred in our SQL Server 2005 database, one table per worksheet. Now, I am planning to use SSIS "Foreach" control block so that SSIS recusively gets data on every worksheet, then SSIS package will transfer the data gathered on one table to another.

Is this task possible in SSIS? If not, kindly advise me of a more suitable solution for this. Or, is there any available custom script/coding for this in VS2005?

Please help. Thanks in advance.
|||

As Jamie said the Import Wizard should be able to help you.

In the SQL Server Management Studio right click on your destination database and choose Tasks->Import Data. Select Excel as your source and go from there.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment