Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Migrate Jobs, DTS and Alerts

Hello,
I need to migrate all my databases to another database
server, can you tell me how can i migrate all the existing
Jobs, DTS's and Alerts sucefully from one server to
another with the minimum effort?
The scheduled DTS's will function on the destination
server?
Thanks,
Best regardsI just went through this. I migrated all my packages using SQL_DMO. I
wrote some code that processed through each DTS package using the DTS
Package Object. The processing I did was to change connection strings, or
any references to server specific stuff, and then saved them onto the new
servers. Did a similar things with the SQL Agent Jobs, and Alerts.
----
----
--
Need SQL Server Examples check out my website at
http://www.geocities.com/sqlserverexamples
"CC&JM" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2478201c45f79$57739290$a501280a@.phx
.gbl...
> Hello,
> I need to migrate all my databases to another database
> server, can you tell me how can i migrate all the existing
> Jobs, DTS's and Alerts sucefully from one server to
> another with the minimum effort?
> The scheduled DTS's will function on the destination
> server?
> Thanks,
> Best regards
>

No comments:

Post a Comment