Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Migrate Jobs, DTS and Alerts

Hello,
I need to migrate all my databases to another database
server, can you tell me how can i migrate all the existing
Jobs, DTS's and Alerts sucefully from one server to
another with the minimum effort?
The scheduled DTS's will function on the destination
server?
Thanks,
Best regards
I just went through this. I migrated all my packages using SQL_DMO. I
wrote some code that processed through each DTS package using the DTS
Package Object. The processing I did was to change connection strings, or
any references to server specific stuff, and then saved them onto the new
servers. Did a similar things with the SQL Agent Jobs, and Alerts.
----
Need SQL Server Examples check out my website at
http://www.geocities.com/sqlserverexamples
"CC&JM" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2478201c45f79$57739290$a501280a@.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
> I need to migrate all my databases to another database
> server, can you tell me how can i migrate all the existing
> Jobs, DTS's and Alerts sucefully from one server to
> another with the minimum effort?
> The scheduled DTS's will function on the destination
> server?
> Thanks,
> Best regards
>

No comments:

Post a Comment