Monday, March 19, 2012

Migrate from SQL Server 2005 to MS Access 2000

I need to migrate some tables from a SQL Server 2005 full version (trial) database to a MS Access 2000 database. The situation is that a search program is available online (with SQL Server database) and also as a CD based desktop version ( that uses MS Access 2000). I have made corrections to the text contents of the online SQL Server DB and would like to make a MS Access 2000 database version for desktop application, rather than have to manually make the hundreds of corrections again in the MS Access DB. Is this type of migration possible? If so, where do I begin. I tried the export function in SQL Server but there is no option for the type of migration I need. Thanks for any help you can provide.I suggest using SQlExpress or SQl Everywhere on the client rather than this old version of Acccess however, Integration Services should be able to do it, is there an error?|||

Euan: Thanks for your help. I researched Integration Services and did the migration successfully by exporting from SQL Server Management Studio. I am dealing with a legacy desktop search program that only uses MS Access and needed to update some data from a new SQL online database version.

No comments:

Post a Comment