Monday, March 19, 2012

Migrate from old SQL ce Version in to new SQL Server/mobile

Hi all,

I'm in a middle of a server migration,

Old server:

SBS 2003 sp1 with SQL server 2000 and SQL server CE

New server:

SBS R2 with SQL server 2005 and SQL server mobile

I have tried to find on internet how to migrate all my databases that i have on old server in to the new one, but i can't find anything on it.

In old server i have replications set and my CE database is on SQL 2000 how this will fit on SQL 2005 / SQL mobile?

If some one can point me on good way i appreciate.

Cheers,

For upgrading from SQL CE 2.0 to SQL Compact 3.1, this MSDN article might be useful:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb286906.aspx

(Upgrading from SQL Server CE 2.0 to SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition)

|||

Hi tks, for the replay,

But my problem is not on pocket pc side but server side.

On my old sever i use SQL CE so my pockets can get data from SQL server, now on this new SQL server version; we have this new option "SQL Mobile".

How cold i backup databases from old SQL server 2000 and how to restore on the new SQL server 2005.

If possible to backup and restore, were do i have to restore in Mobile or in SQL server 2005.

Regards,

|||

This 350 page document should keep you happy for a while (including "Upgrading replicated databases"):

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3d5e96d9-0074-46c4-bd4f-c3eb2abf4b66&DisplayLang=en

No comments:

Post a Comment