Monday, March 19, 2012

Migrate from ingres to SqlServer

I was given a project from my supervisor and i must complete it until Tuesday. I must transfer our ingres database into sql server database. So far i have done all the work with the tables, primary keys, views and data. I don’t know how to go on with the procedures and rules that i have to transfer. Is there anyone that had faced the same condition? What should i do?

Maria

I'm not aware of any easy way to do this, the SqlServer migration tools don't cover Ingres (see http://www.microsoft.com/sql/solutions/migration/default.mspx for what they do cover) so it may be that you just have to rewrite it all . Maybe someone else knows more? It's quite a few years since I last used Ingres and things may have changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment