Monday, March 12, 2012

Migrate Btrieve database to MSSQL 2000 database

Hi,
I've a Btrieve database which I want to migrate to MSSQL 2000 database. May
I know what is the method I can use?
Thanks
andrew
andrew wrote:
> Hi,
> I've a Btrieve database which I want to migrate to MSSQL 2000 database. May
> I know what is the method I can use?
> Thanks
> andrew
Run Butil -save to get the data from btrieve files into txt format
Create a DTS job to read the files into your MSSQL2K database.
Obviously you need to create the DB first.
|||Thanks mattis. But may I know where can I find this butil tools?
andrew
"mattis" wrote:

> andrew wrote:
> Run Butil -save to get the data from btrieve files into txt format
> Create a DTS job to read the files into your MSSQL2K database.
> Obviously you need to create the DB first.
>
|||Another option is to use BtSearch32 at www.nssdd.com. It will export Btrieve
to dbase or ascii which you can then import into about anything. Also if you
do not have the DDF files it will help you analyze the structure of the file
and build the DDF files.
Gil
"andrew" wrote:
[vbcol=seagreen]
> Thanks mattis. But may I know where can I find this butil tools?
> andrew
> "mattis" wrote:

No comments:

Post a Comment