Monday, March 12, 2012

Migrate Btrieve database to MSSQL 2000 database

Hi,
I've a Btrieve database which I want to migrate to MSSQL 2000 database. May
I know what is the method I can use?
Thanks
andrewandrew wrote:
> Hi,
> I've a Btrieve database which I want to migrate to MSSQL 2000 database. Ma
y
> I know what is the method I can use?
> Thanks
> andrew
Run Butil -save to get the data from btrieve files into txt format
Create a DTS job to read the files into your MSSQL2K database.
Obviously you need to create the DB first.|||Thanks mattis. But may I know where can I find this butil tools?
andrew
"mattis" wrote:

> andrew wrote:
> Run Butil -save to get the data from btrieve files into txt format
> Create a DTS job to read the files into your MSSQL2K database.
> Obviously you need to create the DB first.
>|||Another option is to use BtSearch32 at www.nssdd.com. It will export Btriev
e
to dbase or ascii which you can then import into about anything. Also if yo
u
do not have the DDF files it will help you analyze the structure of the file
and build the DDF files.
Gil
"andrew" wrote:
[vbcol=seagreen]
> Thanks mattis. But may I know where can I find this butil tools?
> andrew
> "mattis" wrote:
>

No comments:

Post a Comment