Monday, March 12, 2012

Migrate ASP .net web site from sql 2005 express to sql 2005 standard edition

Dear all,

I've been using ASP.NET with SQL 2005 express for several months and everything has been fine. Now a customer asks me to install my application on an already existant instance of SQL Server standard edition.

I was not able to use nor my application, neither a HelloWorld example.

I created a simple Default.aspx that uses a simple database with a single table "Person" via a standard gridview. When I try to open the page I receive an error wich informs me that NT Network service is not able to access database.

I've been searching on google for hours and I've tryed unsuccessfully several different way.

Can anyone suggest me a scientific procedure to migrate an ASP .net web site from sql 2005 express to sql 2005 standard ?

Thank you very Much

Fabrizio

As I know the only think you have to change is a connection string because SQL express uses different syntax for it. You can move your database to SQL server standard just by connecting it to server, you have to create your users and give them correct rights, you also have to create ASP DB if you would like to use ASP authentication finally modify your connections stirings to point to SQL server not to local SQL server express file.

There are a lot of post about this on this ASP forum.

Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment