Friday, March 9, 2012

Microsoft.SQLServer.ManagedDTS.dll reference error in VB.Net 2002

I am using VB.NET 2002 and we have set up a test environment running SQL Server 2005.

I am trying to add a reference to Microsoft.SQLServer.ManagedDTS.dll which is required to run a DTS/SSIS package from VB.NET.

However the dll does not show in my add reference listing so when I select BROWSE and select the actual DLL I get a rather long error message telling me that only 'dll' and COM components can be referenced.

The exact message is:

A reference to 'C:\Programs Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\SDK\Assemblies\Microsoft.SQLServer.ManagedDTS.dll' could not be added. This is not a valid assembly or COM component. Only assemblies with extension 'dll' and COM components can be referenced. Please make sure that the file is accessible, and that it is a valid assembly or COM component.

Any suggestions?

thanks

AFAIK, you never will be able to add such assembly from Framework 1.0/1.1

|||

enric vives wrote:

AFAIK, you never will be able to add such assembly from Framework 1.0/1.1

Correct. He would need to use Visual Basic 2005 (which implements .NET 2.0) instead.|||

Thank you. I thought that may be the case. I will load up VS 2005 and go from there.

Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment