Friday, March 9, 2012

Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportViewer does not contain a definition for Reset

Hi everyone I developed a web form with a report viewer. I change the report datasource and report path based on user input. Before i do anything on the report i first reset it with this line:

rvWaitTime.Reset();

And then set the parameters, datasources, etc. It works fine on my dev machine: Windows Vista with .NET 2.0 installed (.NET 3.0 is installed as well). When I move the code to the production box: Windows Server 2003 with .NET 2.0 and 3.0 installed i get this error:

'Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportViewer' does not contain a definition for 'Reset'

and of course it fails on the line of code mentioned above.

Any ideas?

Who would have thought that you needed a seperate installation for a control that comes built in with VS 2005? I finally solved the problem. I needed to install theMicrosoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2005 SP1 (Full Installation) on my server and now everything works like a charm!

No comments:

Post a Comment