Friday, March 9, 2012

Microsoft.ReportingServices.Designer

Hello all,

After reinstalling several times the MSSQL 2005 express, and the SP1 when I'm trying to create a project with the BIDS I've got an error:
Could not load file or assembly
Microsoft.ReportingServices.Designer
Version=9.0.242.0
..
or one of its dependencies. System cannot find the file.

But it exists!!!What can I do?

Many thx!

I've to inform that it looks like this file is already on my machine, and with the same version.

I tried to uninstall all SQL Server instances, NET framework 2.0 and all Vstudio (even 2003 version), restarted my machine and reinstall everything. The order was:

Vstudio for web developers Express

SQLExpress2005 Advanced

SQLExpress 2005 SP1

The installation was fine but the BIDS is causing me problems.

Sugestions?

|||

Finally solved by myself!

The order which I've done it is....

Uninstall all VStudio + SQLServer
Install .NET Framework 2.0
Install SQL Server 2005 Advanced in the default path (C:\)
Install SQL Server 2005 SP1 in the default path (C:\)
Install VStudio 2005 WebDeveloper in the default path (C:\)

Hope this helps to someone

|||

Hi:

Well, I guess the problem is the path of installation...

As most of us seems to be running out of space on 'C' Drive;

we tend to change the default path of installation...

During installation, if one sets all path to be the same drive; then the problem should disappear...

HTH,

|||

hi, i have encountered this same error message. I'm using VS 2005 Professional, it is a mature installation with several plugins and additional components, everything is customised the way i want it.

I cannot accept that i must uninstall VS2005 just to get the BI Dev Studio plugin working. That would represent a total failure of the VS integration in my opinion. all my SQL 2005 components are installed on C: so that solution wouldn't be relevant for me.

is there a response from MS on why this error message happens? and a proper way to resolve it?

hoping for an informative response :)
tim.

|||

hmmm. I have the same issue as you. I cannot uninstall my SQL server as it has production data running on it. I DID go through the painful process of uninstalling the VS 2005 installation and reinstalling it. It did not change a single thing. I am right back to the same error message.

Hope someone figures this out soon. Nothing on MS sites so far that I can find.

Brian King

|||

I had the same problem. I did my install on D: drive, but surprisingly it seems Reporting Services was installed on C: drive.

I solved the problem by copying the content of C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE to the same directory on the D: drive. Seems to work fine.

|||I've had the same problem and re-installed VS2005 from scratch, tried to repair .NET 2.0 but all in vain. Confirm that the above copy solution worked for me. Thanks for info Guy.|||the copying worked for me aswell, thanks guy|||

Microsoft documents it's solution here http://support.microsoft.com/?id=823245 but it didn't work for me. After repairing I found the copy
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE to
D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE and it worked a treat!

Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment