Friday, March 9, 2012

microsoft.reporting .rdlc

Hi I am trying to make a scatter chart with the reportviewer and report built into Visual Studio 2005

In my dataset it's basically a date and a value like

3/2/2005 10000

3/4/2005 12000

3/7/2005 9000


So I set the chart to use the Date on the X axis and the number on the Y axis

the report generates but on the X axis all the dates are converted to some integer value and it doesn't display it in date format, how do i get it to show in date format?

I think it takes the date and makes it an integer so it can display all the ticks for it for the dates that are not in my dataset that lie inbetween the dates that are.

Hii, I dont know what chart you are using, but you will have to use the CustomProperty in the charts <CustomProperties>,

For dundas chart the rdl looks like this -

<CustomProperties>

<CustomProperty>

<Name>Chart.ChartAreas.0.ChartArea.AxisX.ValueType</Name>

<Value>Date</Value>

</CustomProperty>

No comments:

Post a Comment