Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Microsoft.Data.Odbc on 64-Bit Server

Hi!

Today we installed our ASP.NET Application on a 64-bit server for the first time. We got the error'Unable to find entry point named 'InterlockedIncrement' in DLL 'kernel32.dll''.

This error comes when we make a database query using Microsoft.Data.Odbc. I think it does not run on 64-bit machines.

Does anybody know something about this?

KaaN

I don't know why you need it with ODBC datasource but the link below Microsoft explains the reason for you error. Hope this helps.

(The variable pointed to by the Addend parameter must be aligned on a 32-bit boundary; otherwise, this function will behave unpredictably on multiprocessor x86 systems and any non-x86 systems.)

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms683614.aspx

|||

Thanks for your answer.

Actually I don't need this xxIncrement method, I only need the .Net Odbc Provider and probably this provider is using this function. Now I have to refactor my code to native providers or find another .Net ODBC Provider.

No comments:

Post a Comment