Monday, February 20, 2012

Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio

I have recently moved from a Microsoft SQL Server 2000 to a SQL Server
2005.
In the good old Enterprise Manager, when I imported a table from a SQL
server to another, I could choose "Copy objects and data between SQL
Server
databases". When choosen, all primary keys, and default values was
copied.
My question is:
Is it possible to do the same in Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
with
SQL Server 2005? And how do I do it?
I have tried using the "SELECT * INTO NewTable FROM OldTable"
statement, but
it just drops all information about primary keys and default values.
Best Regards
Right click on the database in Object Explorer and choose "All Tasks". Then
choose export and follow the wizard.
Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP
<pd@.acskive.dk> wrote in message
news:1143018478.487953.10000@.i40g2000cwc.googlegro ups.com...
>I have recently moved from a Microsoft SQL Server 2000 to a SQL Server
> 2005.
> In the good old Enterprise Manager, when I imported a table from a SQL
> server to another, I could choose "Copy objects and data between SQL
> Server
> databases". When choosen, all primary keys, and default values was
> copied.
> My question is:
> Is it possible to do the same in Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
> with
> SQL Server 2005? And how do I do it?
> I have tried using the "SELECT * INTO NewTable FROM OldTable"
> statement, but
> it just drops all information about primary keys and default values.
>
> Best Regards
>

No comments:

Post a Comment